Getsemaní Street Food
Cartagena Shared Max. 10 pax 2 hours. English - Spanish
Enjoy the flavors of the neighborhood where the Independence of Cartagena emerged - according to Forbes one of the coolest districts in the world- while we visit some of its famous places on Instagram.
Getsemaní bursts with local pride, its giant murals everywhere you look represent the history, the people and the culture of the city. A feeling that is possible to eat in its squares and alleys, where the neighbors take out their tables to offer you their delicacies. Don't be surprised if you also see them opening their doors or windows, almost always adorned with small handwritten notices, craving the delicacies they prepare in their kitchens.
For them, music is also special. Listen to their hymn and enjoy the moment if amid our tour someone invites you to dance.
What you'll live
Discover where are all those beautiful places pictured in Instagram to take pictures of you with murals, umbrellas, colorful doors or flags of all countries.
If you want an authentic menu, we have it! Egg arepa, chuzo, patacón or boli are just a sample of how the influences that have cooked Cartagena's gastronomy are celebrated here.
The oldest grocery store in town is in Getsemaní. After learning its history and seeing its colors, you will want to have time to take another photo and refresh yourself with the favorite local beer.
• Get your camera ready for foodie photos and memories of your visit to 5 of the most instagrammable locations in Cartagena.
• Eat in those places that are not shown in the guides so you can taste our most authentic culinary expressions.
• Taste how delicious the streets of Getsemaní taste on a walk with a Caribbean atmosphere and abundant tastings that include fruit, fried foods, meat skewer, a traditional sweet, refreshing drinks and beer.
• La Trinidad church is getsemanicenses' most beloved monument. Sit with them in its square, from where Pedro Romero went off with his dreams of independence, and take with you a fascinating look into local life in this living museum of Cartagena.
Who will enjoy it
Everyone will love it specially foodies and travelers with an adventurous palate; professional and amateur photographers looking for the best locations; lovers of authentic street cuisine and contact with local people.
What you should bring
Your willing palate. Dress light clothing, bring comfy shoes and a camera. We recommend sunscreen and a hat if the weather suggests.
- Food concierge
- Water bottle
- Walk through 10 must-see places in Getsemaní. Includes stops at 5 of the most photographed places in Cartagena on Instagram.
- 8 food tastings (snacks/drinks) of Cartagena cuisine.
- Refreshing local beer.
- Meet and greet neighbors and cooks.
- All tastings are included, we recommend your previous meal be light. Menu is equivalent to a meal for one person.
- Alcoholic drinks can be replaced.
- The tour mixes sweet and savory stops, cold and hot beverages without respecting the traditional structure of a menu.
- Additional orders must be paid by each diner.
Not Included: transportation or unspecified services.
Age: 12 and over.
Distance: 1 km.
Weather: We also tour with rain. Please bring a raincoat/umbrella if the weather suggests so.
Meeting point: The meeting point will be informed in your confirmation email.
100% return if your cancelation is received 30 days or longer prior to departure date.
70% return if your cancelation is received 29 days or less prior to departure date.
50% return if your cancelation is received 15 days or less prior to departure date.
0% return if your cancelation is received 7 days or less prior to departure date.
Things to note before booking tours:
- Gift vouchers and online experiences are non-refundable once purchased, so please choose carefully. Gift vouchers may be extended if you submit a written request before the expiration date.
- If Foodies is forced to cancel a booked tour, any prior payments will be fully refunded.
- Foodies operate in all weather, though reserves the right to alter or modify an itinerary if circumstances require.
We love what we do
We are a boutique agency focused on what we love and do best: eat and create gastronomic experiences. That is why Foodies does not provide aerial or hotel services. We want food to remain our only passion.
We know where to eat
We eat in Bogotá and Cartagena 24/7 and we know where to find what you’re looking for, be it a luxury dinner at a secret location, a cooking class or that delicious street food bite everyone’s talking about.
We love details
We take care of every little detail in our experiences because we know they make a difference and they have taken us to accomplish the unthinkable: becoming the most awarded gastronomic tour agency in Colombia.
Covid-19 control measures
All our services are exempt from VAT until December 31, 2021, complying with the temporary exemption for hotel and tourism services that have an active RNT.
• The duration of the experience is approximate and can vary depending on the degree of participation.
• Our experiences operate in the languages advertised. Other languages may be available upon request with a charge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For tailored experiences or different dates than offered please email us at email@example.com
• Read our terms of purchase.