Bogotá Shared Max. 6 2,5 hours English - Spanish
In the heart of Bogotá, where you breathe a city as diverse as is possible to imagine, lies one of the biggest gastronomic treasures of Colombia: Paloquemao market. Within its walls, many Colombians work daily, feeling prouder of their origin, traditions and cuisine. There’s so much to see and taste…
Exuberant in shapes, colors and texture, Paloquemao is a live performance of culture, an amusement park for foodies where every corner is the place for a new flavor adventure and we don’t want you to miss any.
What you’ll live
From the entrance on, Paloquemao is an enchantment for all senses. Each stall is embellished with the smile of a friendly vendor inviting us to stay, chat and enjoy each bite that only by smell we want to collect forever.
Every stop will allow you to discover an cherish in your heart the stories of producers, cooks and traders that daily present the freshest produce straight form our countryside for us to fall in love with everything that makes the market unique.
Get ready for a wonderful trip among the alleys filled with baskets and proclamations, wisdom and flavors. Open the door to the thousand cuisine Colombia.
- Live all the color in our flowers, some form the moors, some tropical an exotic. Get your camera ready for a revitalizing and very photogenic stop.
- When entering the market, let the aroma guide you to the oven for freshly baked artisanal breads, always warm and fluffy.
- Paloquemao is a market of small vendors and their produce is proudly exhibited as the true jewels of this journey: ripe colorful fruit of all shapes and sizes everywhere, ancient tubers, dairy from the mountains, amazingly powerful herbs, and picturesque dish restaurants.
- Colombia is a country of feasts and celebrations where good food is bountiful. Have a tamal in its original bijao leaf for lunch, or enjoy fritanga or lechona in modest but filled with homey flavor stalls. Get ready to learn the secrets of authentic flavor, whichever you choose we’re sure you’ll be satisfied.
Who will enjoy it
Everyone will love it, specially foodies and travelers with an adventurous palate, fruit and nature lovers, professional or amateur photographers in love with color and texture.
What you should bring
A willing palate and lots of hunger. Dress casually, bring comfy shoes and a camera.
- Food concierge.
- Water bottle.
- Visit to Paloquemao market and its flower market.
- Tastings of artisanal breads, fruits, empanada and artisanal cheeses.
- Ingredient route including stops at Andean tubers, avocados, herbs, organic produce and artisanal local preparations.
- Lunch menu with a choice of tamal, lechona or fritanga.
- Meet an greet vendors and cooks.
All experiences, food and beverages are included. We suggest your previous meal be light.
Not Included: Transportation or unspecified services.
Age: open for all ages.
Distance: 1km walking tour within the market.
Weather: We also cook with rain. Bring an umbrella of a jacket of the weather suggests so.
Meeting point: the meeting point will be informed/ agreed during your checkout process.
100% return if your cancelation is received 30 days or longer prior to departure date.
70% return if your cancelation is received 29 days or less prior to departure date.
50% return if your cancelation is received 15 days or less prior to departure date.
0% return if your cancelation is received 7 days or less prior to departure date.
Things to note before booking tours:
- Gift vouchers and online experiences are non-refundable once purchased, so please choose carefully. Gift vouchers will be extended from their written due date on discretion, and only if requested prior to expiry date.
- If Foodies is forced to cancel a booked tour, any prior payments will be fully refunded.
- Foodies operate in all weather, though reserves the right to alter or amend an itinerary if circumstances require.
We love what we do
We are a boutique agency focused on what we love and do best: eat and create gastronomic experiences. That is why Foodies does not provide aerial or hotel services. We want food to remain our only passion.
We know where to eat
We eat in Bogotá and Cartagena 24/7 and we know where to find what you’re looking for, be it a luxury dinner at a secret location, a cooking class or that delicious street food bite everyone’s talking about.
We love details
We take care of every little detail in our experiences because we know they make a difference, they have taken us to accomplish the unthinkable: becoming the most awarded gastronomic tour agency in Colombia. So form here on, thank you!.
Covid-19 control measures
All our services are exempt from VAT until December 31, 2021, complying with the temporary exemption for hotel and tourism services that have an active RNT.
•The duration of the experience is approximate and can vary depending on the degree of participation.
•Our experiences operate in the languages announced. Other languages may be available upon request with a charge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•For tailored experiences or different dates than offered please email us at email@example.com
•Read our terms of purchase.
Do you want to live this experience?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.