García Márquez Food Tour
Cartagena Shared Max. 8 pax 2,5 hours English - Spanish
Only an exciting, colorful and fascinating cuisine could have inspired our literature Nobel, Gabriel García Márquez, to write up the flavors of his Magical Realism. Dive into our award-winning gastronomic journey and explore with us the traditional gastronomy of the Colombian Caribbean, discovering it through the food that Gabo used to feed his stories and make them even more captivating.
What you'll live
Relive the magic of some of his most celebrated texts like “Love in the Times of Cholera”, “Of Love and other Demons” and award winning “One Hundred Years of Solitude”, while strolling through colorful and dreamy streets filled with charm, tasting some of the bites and sips that Gabo served his characters. Chat with the true guardians of our culinary treasure and take home the secrets of their recipes.
- Relive the journey Gabo undertook to write his love story with Cartagena, by touring nine of his must-see spots in the Historic Center, including the Clock Tower, Plaza de los Coches, Plaza de la Aduana and Plaza de Bolívar.
- Fall in love with the flavors of Magic Realism:
- The smell of guava: Savor the nostalgia through the Colombian Caribbean gastronomy icon.
- The Captain's breakfast: Crispy and salty green plantain patacón.
- The sweets of the Crowned Goddess: Trio of flavors with fruit, nutty and inherited from the Spanish legacy.
- The gift of black Africa: Fresh pineapple to the sound of the proclamations of an authentic palenquera.
- Juvenal Urbino's Lemonade: Refreshing and sweet.
- The Colonel's Sacrifice: A cup of the best smooth coffee in the world.
- The invention of the Aurelianos: a magnificent tropical fruit flavored gelato; refreshing and exotic.
- The promised bite: Soft yucca dough filled with meat or local cheese.
- End you journey with an ideal dose of his favorite liquor.
Who will enjoy it
Everyone will love it especially García Márquez’s followers and enthusiasts, foodies and travelers interested in local cuisine.
What you should bring
Your willing palate. Dress light clothing, bring comfy shoes and a camera. We recommend sunscreen and a hat if the weather suggests.
- Food concierge
- Water Bottle.
- Walk through 9 must-see García Marqués’s spots in the Historic Center, including the Clock Tower, Plaza de los Coches, Plaza de la Aduana, Plaza de Bolívar and Plaza de la Proclamación.
- 7 tastings, including Colombian Coffee.
- Local rum drink.
- Meet and greet cooks and owners.
- All experiences, food and beverages are included. We suggest your previous meal be light.
- Bites included are equivalent to a generous appetizer or a light lunch.
- The tour mixes sweet and savory stops, cold and hot drinks without respecting the traditional structure of a menu.
- Additional orders must be paid by each diner.
Not Included: Transportation or unspecified services.
Age: 12 and over.
Distance: 1 km.
Weather: We also tour with rain. Please bring a raincoat/umbrella if the weather suggests so.
Meeting point: The meeting point will be informed in your confirmation email.
100% return if your cancelation is received 30 days or longer prior to departure date.
70% return if your cancelation is received 29 days or less prior to departure date.
50% return if your cancelation is received 15 days or less prior to departure date.
0% return if your cancelation is received 7 days or less prior to departure date.
Things to note before booking tours:
- Gift vouchers and online experiences are non-refundable once purchased, so please choose carefully. Gift vouchers may be extended if you submit a written request before the expiration date.
- If Foodies is forced to cancel a booked tour, any prior payments will be fully refunded.
- Foodies operate in all weather, though reserves the right to alter or modify an itinerary if circumstances require.
We love what we do
We are a boutique agency focused on what we love and do best: eat and create gastronomic experiences. That is why Foodies does not provide aerial or hotel services. We want food to remain our only passion.
We know where to eat
We eat in Bogotá and Cartagena 24/7 and we know where to find what you’re looking for, be it a luxury dinner at a secret location, a cooking class or that delicious street food bite everyone’s talking about.
We love details
We take care of every little detail in our experiences because we know they make a difference and they have taken us to accomplish the unthinkable: becoming the most awarded gastronomic tour agency in Colombia.
Covid-19 control measures
All our services are exempt from VAT until December 31, 2021, complying with the temporary exemption for hotel and tourism services that have an active RNT.
• The duration of the experience is approximate and can vary depending on the degree of participation.
• Our experiences operate in the languages announced. Other languages may be available upon request with a charge by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For tailored experiences or different dates than offered please email us at email@example.com
• Read our terms of purchase.