Cooking Cartagena’s Classics
Cartagena Shared Max. 4 pax 2,5 hours English - Spanish
The warmth and tastiness of Cartagena’s cuisine come right from the generosity of the local cooks who celebrate their culture with joy and passion with fresh ingredients, recipes and defined flavors old and new, all with the care and dedication served in their traditional cauldrons every single day. How can you choose between so many delicious treats everywhere you look? We took it upon ourselves to curate the must-try flavors for you to know by preparing some of the most authentic dishes from Cartagena’s recipe books and creating such pairings that'll have you craving for more.
What you’ll live
Let’s spice things up and transform the most authentic ingredients of local cuisine into fantastic dishes! Learn and cook our classics menu with fish, coconut, corn, yucca and plantain. And as an essential dressing to our tropical spirit, we’ll dance champeta and salsa -the most popular musical genres in the city- to add local joy to each recipe.
- Get ready to cook 4 step by step essential local recipes in a journey to discover its influences, traditional techniques passed on through generations, and learn the secrets of cooking with your heart.
- Put on your apron, pump up the volume, and as the song goes, “what comes is sabrosura!”:
- Appetizer: Arepa de huevo, an arepa that tells the story of our miscegenation in one bite.
- Main Course: Coconut fish stew with local vegetables and crispy patacones.
- Dessert: A yuca surprise for your mouth.
Who will enjoy it
Everyone will love it, especially foodies who are interested in learning about Cartagena's cuisine and culture; local flavor lovers, journalists, travelers and cooks.
What you should bring
Your willing palate. Dress casually, bring comfy shoes and a camera. We do recommend sunscreen and a hat if the weather suggests so. An apron will be provided during the class.
- Food concierge: The class will be guided by a traditional Colombian cuisine professional cook. The patrons will take part in every step of the preparation.
- Step by step 3 course menu cooking class:
- Appetizer: arepa de huevo.
- Main course: local fish ceviche in coconut juice with crispy patacones.
- Dessert: enyucado.
- Beverages: kola Román, panela lemonade, Costeñita Beer.
- Cooking assistant.
- Air conditioner.
- Foodies journal so you can relieve your experience at home.
- An apron will be provided for the class.
- Cooking class certificate as a souvenir.
All experiences, food and beverages are included. We suggest your previous meal be light.
Not Included: Transportation or unspecified services.
Where: The class could be programmed on our kitchen in historic center or Manga, according to availability.
Age: 12 and over.
Weather: We also cook with rain.
Meeting point: The meeting point will be informed in your confirmation email.
100% return if your cancelation is received 30 days or longer prior to departure date.
70% return if your cancelation is received 29 days or less prior to departure date.
50% return if your cancelation is received 15 days or less prior to departure date.
0% return if your cancelation is received 7 days or less prior to departure date.
Things to note before booking tours:
- Gift vouchers and online experiences are non-refundable once purchased, so please choose carefully. Gift vouchers may be extended if you submit a written request before the expiration date.
- If Foodies is forced to cancel a booked tour, any prior payments will be fully refunded.
- Foodies operate in all weather, though reserves the right to alter or modify an itinerary if circumstances require.
We love what we do
We are a boutique agency focused on what we love and do best: eat and create gastronomic experiences. That is why Foodies does not provide aerial or hotel services. We want food to remain our only passion.
We know where to eat
We eat in Bogotá and Cartagena 24/7 and we know where to find what you’re looking for, be it a luxury dinner at a secret location, a cooking class or that delicious street food bite everyone’s talking about.
We love details
We take care of every little detail in our experiences because we know they make a difference and they have taken us to accomplish the unthinkable: becoming the most awarded gastronomic tour agency in Colombia.
Covid-19 control measures
All our services are exempt from VAT until December 31, 2021, complying with the temporary exemption for hotel and tourism services that have an active RNT.
•The duration of the experience is approximate and can vary depending on the degree of participation.
•Our experiences operate in the languages advertised. Other languages may be available upon request with a charge by emailing us at email@example.com.
•For tailored experiences or different dates than offered please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
•Read our terms of purchase.